Tonn’s Clover Honey is light colored and very mild. It goes well with teas, breads, and cereals as well as with yogurts and ice cream. A versatile honey that has multiple uses including baking, cooking, and table use.
1. Honey is the only food that never spoils.
2. Honey is the only food produced by insects that humans eat.
3. Honey is naturally fat-free as well as cholesterol free.
4. Honey is nature’s energy booster.
5. Honey is a great immunity builder.
6. Honey is 25% sweeter than table sugar.
7. Honey is the only food that includes all of the substances necessary to sustain life including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water. It is the only food that contains “pinocembrin” , an antioxidant associated with improved brain function.
Did You Know?
1. Honey was found in the tombs on the Egyptian Pharaohs and was still edible.
2. In Ancient Egypt, taxes were paid with Honey.
3. Nearly one million tons of honey is produced worldwide every year.
4. The Honey Bee’s wings are incredibly fast, about 200 beats per second.
5. Bees visit between 1 and 2 million flowers to produce 1 pound of honey.
6. A queen bee can lay up to 1,500 eggs in one day and more than a million eggs in her lifetime.
7. Bees do not fly if the temperature is below 50 degrees farenheit.
Comb Honey is available on a seasonal basis. We carry the lightest colored comb honey available. If you want a honey that comes straight from the hive to your table, this is the one.